SMTP settings for action mailer

with rails 2.2.2 action mailer requires a valid ssl certificate i have a question about routing

my smtp settings for my postfix are now

ActionMailer::Base.smtp_settings = { :address => "smtp.mydomain.com", :port => 25, :domain => "mydomain.com", :authentication => :plain, :user_name => "mydomain_mailer@mydomain.com", :password => "password" }

both the email server and the rails app are on the same machine if i don't have the address as 127.0.0.1 is it routing information through the internet instead of internally in the machine? if i use 127.0.0.1 i will get the ssl error because the host does not match up.

Hi,

In your server’s host file map the address smtp.mydomain.com to IP 127.0.0.1 so that it is not routed externally.

-NAYAK

I tried changing it to this :

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost smtp.mydomain.com smtp

::1 localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

210.193.49.222 ns1.mydomain.com ns1 localhost smtp.mydomain.com smtp

But it didn’t work

Restarted postfix and mongrel gave ssl error again.

From: rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com [mailto:rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of NAYAK

Hi,

I am not sure of using multiple host/domain at a time there Try just

127.0.0.1 smtp.mydomain.com

NAYAK

I got it to work with the multiple domain names

ActionMailer::Base.smtp_settings = { :address => “smtp.mydomain.com”, :port => 25, :domain => “mydomain.com”, :authentication => :plain, :user_name => “mydomain_mailer@mydomain.com”, :password => “password” }

I have the address as smtp.mydomain.com and it gives 127.0.0.1 in my mail error log. Instead of ns1.mydomain.com .

Is it working internally now?