skipped migration

Oddest thing - ran rake db:migrate, as I've done many, many times before, except this time it skipped one my migrations. Really strange. Has anyone ever seen this before? I ran the migration before and it worked fine in 2 other environments, one on my local development machine and another time during a capistrano task.

I looked at all possibilities I could think of: file permissions (same as the others), missing file (it was there), bad syntax (no errors). I'm at a loss.

This is the migration it skipped:

class AddToPhones < ActiveRecord::Migration

def self.up     add_column :phones, :hidden, :boolean, :default => false   end

def self.down     remove_column :phones, :hidden   end end

Is "hidden" some magic keyword or something? Just a fluke?

Take a look at the schema.rb version number and the version number of table 'schema-info' in the database. They should match. I've seen cases where they don't, which is quite wrong. Your bug might be related to the bug I've seen, in which the migration works fine and does everything okay except for updating schema.rb. I never saw that before Rails 2.0.2. I've filed a bug report on it.

fredistic

What's the filename of the migration?

043_add_to_phones.rb was the migration name .... haven't seen this before or since. Hoping not to...

fredistic - I failed to make the check you suggested, though I do recall that the schema_info table was up to date.

- Noah