sessions things I can't figure out from the api

I have a cron script that destroys sessions that are over 30 minutes, essentially running from library...

class SessionCleaner   def self.remove_stale_sessions     CGI::Session::ActiveRecordStore::Session       Session.destroy_all( ['updated_at < ?', 30.minutes.ago] )   end end

which works fine. Sessions are ActiveRecord if that matters.

I have on my layout for this one particular model/controller,   <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="300">

which refreshes the screen every 5 minutes which means as long as they leave this screen open, their session is updated and never destroyed.

So I added to the model, in_out.rb

:session :on, :except => %w(list)

and restarted the server but still, when this page is refreshed, so is the user's session.

Is it possible to have a page set so that if it is refreshed, the session remains untouched?

Craig

Craig White wrote: > Is it possible to have a page set so that if it is refreshed, the > session remains untouched?

would that make any sense? why "refresh" if you don't want to mark the user's session as "still active"?

I have a cron script that destroys sessions that are over 30 minutes, essentially running from library...

class SessionCleaner   def self.remove_stale_sessions     CGI::Session::ActiveRecordStore::Session       Session.destroy_all( ['updated_at < ?', 30.minutes.ago] )   end end

which works fine. Sessions are ActiveRecord if that matters.

I have on my layout for this one particular model/controller,   <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="300">

which refreshes the screen every 5 minutes which means as long as they leave this screen open, their session is updated and never destroyed.

So I added to the model, in_out.rb

:session :on, :except => %w(list)

and restarted the server but still, when this page is refreshed, so is the user's session.

Is it possible to have a page set so that if it is refreshed, the session remains untouched?

Craig White wrote:

> I have a cron script that destroys sessions that are over 30 minutes, > essentially running from library... > > class SessionCleaner > def self.remove_stale_sessions > CGI::Session::ActiveRecordStore::Session > Session.destroy_all( ['updated_at < ?', 30.minutes.ago] ) > end > end > > which works fine. Sessions are ActiveRecord if that matters. > > I have on my layout for this one particular model/controller, > <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="300"> > > which refreshes the screen every 5 minutes which means as long as they > leave this screen open, their session is updated and never destroyed. > > So I added to the model, in_out.rb > > :session :on, :except => %w(list) >

Have you tried to use the above line in your controller?

> and restarted the server but still, when this page is refreshed, so is > the user's session. > > Is it possible to have a page set so that if it is refreshed, the > session remains untouched? ---- even with 'session :off' in my in_out.rb model, a refresh of my list view of this model still updates the session.

Again try in your controller...

HTH,

Long www.edgesoft.ca

Craig White wrote: > > > I have a cron script that destroys sessions that are over 30 minutes, > > essentially running from library... > > > > class SessionCleaner > > def self.remove_stale_sessions > > CGI::Session::ActiveRecordStore::Session > > Session.destroy_all( ['updated_at < ?', 30.minutes.ago] ) > > end > > end > > > > which works fine. Sessions are ActiveRecord if that matters. > > > > I have on my layout for this one particular model/controller, > > <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="300"> > > > > which refreshes the screen every 5 minutes which means as long as they > > leave this screen open, their session is updated and never destroyed. > > > > So I added to the model, in_out.rb > > > > :session :on, :except => %w(list) > > Have you tried to use the above line in your controller?

> > and restarted the server but still, when this page is refreshed, so is > > the user's session. > > > > Is it possible to have a page set so that if it is refreshed, the > > session remains untouched? > ---- > even with 'session :off' in my in_out.rb model, a refresh of my list > view of this model still updates the session. > Again try in your controller...