Sent from my iphone (was: How to handle concurrently opened windows)

I thought advertising was not allowed here, or is it not possible to disable this?

Colin

Colin Law wrote in post #961107:

[...] Sent from my iPhone

I thought advertising was not allowed here, or is it not possible to disable this?

Do you seriously think that this falls under the advertising prohibition, or did I miss a joke?

Colin

Best,

It was half joke and half serious I suppose. I don't know the code for half a joke. More and more one is seeing "sent from my <insert expensive hardware here>" and I was seriously asking whether it is possible to disable the sig or whether the manufacturer insists on the free advertising. I was not seriously suggesting one should not post anything from an iPhone. Pretty much OT of course, sorry.

Colin

Colin Law wrote in post #961107:

[...] Sent from my iPhone

Do you seriously think that this falls under the advertising prohibition, or did I miss a joke?

It was half joke and half serious I suppose. I don't know the code for half a joke. More and more one is seeing "sent from my <insert expensive hardware here>" and I was seriously asking whether it is possible to disable the sig or whether the manufacturer insists on the free advertising. I was not seriously suggesting one should not post anything from an iPhone. Pretty much OT of course, sorry.

It is trivial to disable, and mostly harmless, therefore most people don't do it. (Duh, you have an iPhone. Most people do.)

I suspect some people who know how to find the Settings app and still keep that default sig do so as a guard against complaints about their spelling or failure to balance braces in code examples.

I have a friend whose iPhone sig reads "Sent from my iPad mini" which always gets a laff from me.

Walter

Colin Law wrote in post #961195:

prohibition, or did I miss a joke?

It was half joke and half serious I suppose. I don't know the code for half a joke. More and more one is seeing "sent from my <insert expensive hardware here>" and I was seriously asking whether it is possible to disable the sig or whether the manufacturer insists on the free advertising.

It is possible to disable it.

I was not seriously suggesting one should not post anything from an iPhone.

I didn't think you were.

Pretty much OT of course, sorry.

Colin

-- Sent from my rather feeble old laptop

:slight_smile:

Best,