Self Teaching NEWBIE question - Console issue

Hey guys, searched a bit, but with my lack of total understanding figured best just to post a unique tip for help.

I am self teaching myself Ruby on Rails and Ruby using CodeSchool.com and Michael Hartl's book Ruby on Rails 3 Tutorial. I am using Rubymine as suggested by a close friend who is currently going to school for IT and coding. Love Rubymine just have a small issue.

I need to be able to run "rails console" for page 250ish in the book. Obviously I cannot do that from "cmd" prompt like everything else to mimic Rubymine. And I know that its under "Tools > Run Rail Console" I have tried running it in default mode and development mode. It gives me the following string back (reason i need to run is for user.create! , etc)... is my install wrong, coding just straight F****d, or am I missing a stupid step, appreciate all the help up front.

C:\RailsInstaller\Ruby1.9.3\bin\ruby.exe -e $stdout.sync=true;$stderr.sync=true;load($0=ARGV.shift) "C:/Users/Jeff Gray/RubymineProjects/sample_apps/script/rails" console development C:/RailsInstaller/Ruby1.9.3/lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/completion.rb:9:in `require': cannot load such file -- readline (LoadError)     from C:/RailsInstaller/Ruby1.9.3/lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/completion.rb:9:in `<top (required)>'     from C:/RailsInstaller/Ruby1.9.3/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/railties-3.2.12/lib/rails/commands/console.rb:3:in `require'     from C:/RailsInstaller/Ruby1.9.3/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/railties-3.2.12/lib/rails/commands/console.rb:3:in `<top (required)>'     from C:/RailsInstaller/Ruby1.9.3/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/railties-3.2.12/lib/rails/commands.rb:38:in `require'     from C:/RailsInstaller/Ruby1.9.3/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/railties-3.2.12/lib/rails/commands.rb:38:in `<top (required)>'     from C:/Users/Jeff Gray/RubymineProjects/sample_apps/script/rails:6:in `require'     from C:/Users/Jeff Gray/RubymineProjects/sample_apps/script/rails:6:in `<top (required)>'     from -e:1:in `load'     from -e:1:in `<main>'

Process finished with exit code 1

I just have no where to input coding from here, even tried IRB console(yes i know its different)... any direction or help be great.

Thanks,

Jeff Gray

*Self Teaching Ruby and Ruby on Rails"

Hi,

It appears that the readLine lib is not installed.

Search this library for windows.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4922700/ruby-1-9-2-and-rails-3-cannot-open-rails-console

The lib readline cannot be found. It is not installed by default on Windows. You can either try to install it or disable it by adding this to your .irbrc file:

IRB.conf[:USE_READLINE] = false

Cheers,