select ... :index => nil is not working

Dear all

I have been trying to get this piece of code working http://pastie.org/236978

<div class="category">         <% fields_for "daleel[categories_attributes]", category do | category_form| %>           <p>             category:             <%= category_form.select "category_id", @categories, :prompt => "category", :index => nil %>

<% if category.new_record? %>                 <%= link_to_function "remove", "$ (this).up('.task').remove()" %>             <% else %>                 <%= link_to_function "remove", "category_for_destroy(this)" %>                 <%= category_form.hidden_field :id, :index => nil %>                 <%= category_form.hidden_field :should_destroy, :index => nil, :class => 'should_destroy' %>              <% end %>           </p>         <% end %> </div>

The problem is this

the select statement should hide the id however, it does not work for select and it works for the hidden field. I was trying hard to get it working in the past two days. I tried to put :index => nil in the :options and :html_options and the same problem did not get solved

this concept was gotten from #75 Complex Forms Part 3 - RailsCasts

Thanks in advance

any idea

Did you see the note at the bottom of that episode:

"The code for this screencast isn’t the greatest, it requires the :index option for the fields and does not work well in Rails 2. Instead I recommend going with the approach I show in Advanced Rails Recipes"

Fred