Seeking RoR Development Shop for TOP SECRET project

We are looking for a team of 15 full-time RoR programmers to start working on a secret project. We are only interested in shops which have the following qualifications:

- Located within 2 hour plan ride from Saint Louis, MO - Been in business for more then 3 years - Completed large projects for fortune 1000 clients - Have a Seasoned Team of 25+ who have worked together for 3+ years - Have a solid project management platform and tool - Can Architect and Implement a project from start to finish on-time and on-budget - Has Oracle Experience - Has experience with Load Balancing Servers with fail-over - Has experience with CDN's

Please email your portfolio and overview of your company to me for evaluation.

This is a secret project so I cant share details for awhile but is being backed by a top tier large tech company.

Thanks, Timothy Munro Roberts

Past Companies: Intira/Terremark, Savvis, GameStreamer, Phantom, Qoncert Technologies, Phoenix Networks

Timothy Roberts wrote:

We are looking for a team of 15 full-time RoR programmers to start working on a secret project. We are only interested in shops which have the following qualifications:

- Located within 2 hour plan ride from Saint Louis, MO - Been in business for more then 3 years - Completed large projects for fortune 1000 clients - Have a Seasoned Team of 25+

Really? You said it was 15 above.

who have worked together for 3+ years - Have a solid project management platform and tool - Can Architect and Implement a project from start to finish on-time and on-budget - Has Oracle Experience - Has experience with Load Balancing Servers with fail-over - Has experience with CDN's

Please email your portfolio and overview of your company to me for evaluation.

Let me guess. You've already picked a company, but need to post an RfP publicly, so you've made the description ridiculously specific. I'd be surprised if there were more than one or two Rails consultancies that meet all your requirements.

This is a secret project so I cant share details for awhile but is being backed by a top tier large tech company.

Thanks, Timothy Munro Roberts

Past Companies: Intira/Terremark, Savvis, GameStreamer, Phantom, Qoncert Technologies, Phoenix Networks

Best,

I guess programmers aren't part of the team. :wink:

Luke

No no, you've missed it...

We are looking for a team of 15 full-time RoR programmers ...

- Have a Seasoned Team of 25+ who have worked together for 3+ years

Hmm, 15 developers.

Add in 1 QA person for every 3 developers, and that gets us to 20.

Add in an overbearing DBA to complain that the devs shouldn't be writing migrations to muck with *his* database, and we're at 21.

A Doc person or two for maintaining requirements and documentation, and we're at 23.

A 'Rawkstar' Development Project Team Lead who knows all the nuances of Ruby, Rails, HTML, CSS, Javascript, PostgresSQL, Oracle and the origin of the universe, and we're at 24.

All we need now is a pointy-haired boss to get to 25!

(yeah, I know this isn't helpful, and its all OT, but I'm running on 3 hours of sleep today so I'm a little punchy...)

Ar, but with the waterfall and all that they would not have

• Completed large projects for fortune 1000 clients

Unless the rockstar was also a magician and pulled it out of…

a hat

Starting off with 15 fulltime RoR dev’s is a waste of time, rails g all the way! j/k