seed_fu and has_many :through

Hi    In my application to seed data I am using seed_fu (GitHub - mbleigh/seed-fu: Advanced seed data handling for Rails, combining the best practices of several methods together.)

I have tables roles,privileges and permissions( It joins roles and privileges). Now at application startup I have to seed these tables with data. But during runtime some additionals rows may be added to permissions. But I dont how at a later stage if I run rake db:seed_fu all data that I set later to permissions may be wipeout. I dont know how to handle this.

As an example

role

This is presumably a follow on to your previous thread. You never explained why you are repeatedly seeding the database, this is normally something that would be done only once.

Colin

Hi Colin

Suppose I have the development phases like phase1,phase2, etc. So for example in Phase1 I have to seed data to say table1 (rake db:seed_fu) And it is deployed. Now again in phase2 again I have to seed data to table2 . Then also to sseed data I run rake db:seed_fu

But when ever I run this command it seeds data to table1 (once more) and table2 (for the first time). Is n't it? I think I can answer your question. But could you please give answer to my original questions posted in this thread.

Thanks Tom

Hi Colin

Suppose I have the development phases like phase1,phase2, etc. So for example in Phase1 I have to seed data to say table1 (rake db:seed_fu) And it is deployed. Now again in phase2 again I have to seed data to table2 . Then also to sseed data I run rake db:seed_fu

But when ever I run this command it seeds data to table1 \(once

more) and table2 (for the first time). Is n't it? I think I can answer your question. But could you please give answer to my original questions posted in this thread.

Remove the data for the first table from the seed code once you have done it, so that the next time it just seeds the second one. You can always get the old version back from your version control system if you ever need it again.

Colin