Search inside files

Hello all,

Do you have more informations about developping a search functionnality to search inside PDF, Word, Excell, ... files ?

I think I have to use acts_as_solr but I don't find any information about searching in documents.

Thank you !

Vincenzo

Vincenzo Ruggiero wrote:

Hello all,

Do you have more informations about developping a search functionnality to search inside PDF, Word, Excell, ... files ?

I think I have to use acts_as_solr but I don't find any information about searching in documents.

Thank you !

Vincenzo

If possible refer rich document processing in Solr. Solr can process and index docuements like PDF, Word, Excel etc.

Veera Sundaravel wrote:

Vincenzo Ruggiero wrote:

Hello all,

Thank you !

Vincenzo

If possible refer rich document processing in Solr. Solr can process and index docuements like PDF, Word, Excel etc.

http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2009/09/14/posting-rich-documents-to-apache-solr-using-solrj-and-solr-cell-apache-tika/

-- Regards,

T.Veerasundaravel. Veerasundaravel's Ruby on Rails Weblog | Ruby on Rails Weblog for Ebooks, Ruby Tips, Rails Tips and more. @veerasundaravel

Thank you!

Do you have any information about doing this with rails ?

Vincenzo

I found this, I will try it now: