Script/Server working but Script/Console not working

Hi all, I have been having a very weird problem for a few weeks. I am able to start up the server using "script/server" for my application and run it successfully but "script/console" is not working. I have been managing without it but somethings not right and i need to fix it. This is the error that it throws and the trace. Loading development environment (Rails 2.1.0) /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require': no such file to load -- application (MissingSourceFile)   from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.0/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:509:in `require'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.0/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:354:in `new_constants_in'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.0/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:509:in `require'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.1.0/lib/ console_with_helpers.rb:19   from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require'   from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.0/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:509:in `require'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.0/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:354:in `new_constants_in'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.0/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:509:in `require'   from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ ruby/1.8/irb/init.rb:253:in `load_modules'   from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ ruby/1.8/irb/init.rb:251:in `each'   from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ ruby/1.8/irb/init.rb:251:in `load_modules'   from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ ruby/1.8/irb/init.rb:21:in `setup'   from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ ruby/1.8/irb.rb:54:in `start'   from /usr/bin/irb:13 I also need the console for some quick debugging and info. Hope someone can help me figure out what the problem is.

Might be something to do with app/controllers/application.rb. Do you have it? It will contain: class ApplicationController < ActionController::Base

@Daniel, That was it! I had changed the file name to application_controller.rb because some helper methods were not available for the views and i thought the name might've been the problem. And then i had fixed it by using helper_method. Forgot to change the file name back to application.rb! thanks Daniel :).