Running Unit Tests With SphinxSE

Several of my unit tests run queries against SphinxSE. Since Rails creates the test DB by dumping the dev DB schema, my SphinxSE queries aren't run against the test DB.

There seems to be no way to hook into the test:clone_structure task, so I thought that I'll just have the appropriate unit tests include this:

module SphinxTest   @@index = 'ct_test_index'   mattr_accessor :index, :host, :port

self << class     def included(klass)        alter_test_table unless     end

#MySQL specific     def alter_test_table       return unless ActiveRecord::Base.connection.table_exists? (Query::TABLE_SPHINX)

create = ActiveRecord::Base.connection.select_value "show create table #{Query::TABLE_SPHINX}"       if @@index && md = create.match %r|sphinx://([-.\w]+):(\d+)?/[- \w]+|         host = @@host || md[0]         port = @@port || md[1]

alter = %|alter table #{Query::TABLE_SPHINX} connection="sphinx://#{host}:#{port}/#{@@index}"|         ActiveRecord::Base.connection.execute alter       end     end   end end

does anyone know of way to do this from outside my unit tests?

On a side note, assuming portability was an issue, there seems to be know way to get the TableDefinition from the connection. Is this really the case?

Thanks