Run query on IRB

Hi All I never worked with RUBY my fisrt time.

I'd like to run this query by IRB and see how many line it will show me :

select codigo, nome from teste

My database is postgre 8.4

Look what i did to do it:

irb(main):006:0> Post.find_by_sql “SELECT codigo, tirulo from teste” NameError: uninitialized constant Post from (irb):6 irb(main):007:0>

What is going on there?

Thanks

Grato

Have you created a rails application ?

What in your opinion is Post? Ruby expects to find a constant by that name. class names in Ruby are constants. constant is any word that starts with a capital letter.

If say you’ve written a class Post, then you must have done so in a file. You need to require that file when inside irb to load that class.

Yes and it created tha database.yml

development: adapter: postgresql encoding: unicode database: postgres_development pool: 5 username: postgres password: 031969

test: adapter: postgresql encoding: unicode database: rubyPostgre_test pool: 5 username: rubyPostgre password:

production: adapter: postgresql encoding: unicode database: rubyPostgre_production pool: 5 username: rubyPostgre password:

And my query it to be runing on development enviroment.

Can u help me run my query?

Thanks

Hi, if it’s rails.

You should go to your applications root & type ‘ruby script/console’ , if your on a mac you could just type ‘script/console’.

When the console starts, you will be able to do what you were trying to do in your IRB.