Run 1.2.6 rails application on 2.0.2 rails

Hi All,

Currently I have two types of project. one is made in 1.2.6 and another in 2.0.2 I upgraded gems and all that. Rails 2.0.2 application are running perfectly but 1.2.6 is not.

from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/soap4r-1.5.8/lib/soap/ns.rb:18         from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require'         from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'         from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.4/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:495:in `require'         from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.4/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:342:in `new_constants_in'         from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.4/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:495:in `require'         from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/soap4r-1.5.8/lib/soap/generator.rb:10         from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require'          ... 73 levels...         from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.6/lib/commands/server.rb:39         from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require'         from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'         from script/server:3

This kind of error is there... So can anyone tell me how can I run both kind of application on same system.

I believe there is more errors above what you posted. Could please add that?

Could it be that you upgraded soap4r and it is not compatible with the code in you 1.2.6 app?

If that is the case and you did not run gem cleanup, you could try uninstalling the latest version of soap4r if there are two present when you run $ gem list otherwise $ gem uninstall soap4r $ gem install soap4r -v Version you had before

As long as your 2.0.2 version does not depend on the soap4r version currently installed, you should be ok.

As you move on to more recent (not that they are old) versions you will have the option of specifying gem dependencies for your projects.