rubyonrails.org domain grabbed?

Erm, is it just me, or has rubyonrails.org just been grabbed? I get a typical traffic grabber / placeholder page, and NetSol whois doesn't look good either ..

Jan

Yeah, I just noticed this as well.

You can still get the ruby docs at: Index of Files, Classes & Methods in Ruby 3.1.2 (Ruby 3.1.2)

Eh, if so, DHH can just sue for trademark violation and get it back. But that's weird. :slight_smile:

--Jeremy

I thought I'm doing something wrong, so I tried it several times before going to groups to check out. I bet it'll be back in quite a bit, in the meantime run `gem server` then point your browser to localhost:8808 to have at least rdoc on your hands.

and the .com, .net, etc. works.

--Jeremy

--Jeremy

Looks ok now (at least it does over here). By the looks of it the domain would have expired on the 19th april, 22:40 UTC (anniversary of first registration). The record now shows an expiration date of 19th april 2009 (and updated only a few hours ago). If someone updated it a bit late the bad records might stay in dns caches for a few hours.

Fred

Well, at least I'm not the victim of some nefarious DNS spoofing :slight_smile:

Funny, I never tried those - thanks.

If someone updated it a bit late the bad records might stay in dns caches for a few hours.

I just found a Google cached version of the whois info, and the owner info apparently hasn't changed, so it looks like you're probably right.

Hello all,

> and the .com, .net, etc. works.

Funny, I never tried those - thanks.

Aha .com seems to work, but not .net for me.

> If someone updated it a > bit late the bad records might stay in dns caches for a few hours.

I just found a Google cached version of the whois info, and the owner info apparently hasn't changed, so it looks like you're probably right.

I think rubylang.org has been grabbed by domain reseller 2 days ago...

Temporarily I worte following line in my /etc/hosts. But I need to transit to rubyonrails.com if no way to tack back .org?

sorry all,

Same thing happened here (in China), and Time.now = "Mon Apr 21 10:59:10 +0800 2008"