Ruby on Rails Developer position in San Diego, CA

Hello Folks, This is Mita Desai, I am Technical Recruiter with eTouch Systems Corp, Currently we have an opening & I wanted to check on this group if I can get any help. I am finding it very difficult to source for this positions any in-puts will be greatly appreciated.

Position Details Location: San Diego, CA Duration: 6 mths +

Ruby on Rails Application Developer

Principle Duties / Responsibilities: (Summary list of typical duties and responsibilities of the job / essential functions) · Develop roubust, scalable, performant, and secure software applications using Ruby on Rails and Oracle. Participate in the design, specification, development, and documentation of applications to support online games. · Develop Web-based applications built on the MVC framework. · Work with relational database management systems. Write database queries and stored procedures when needed. · Provide application technical support by troubleshooting and resolving operational issues. Technical support maybe required after business-hours and working with multiple global time zones. · Work as an integral member of the team. Collaborate in a multi-discipline environment to design and implement solutions using “leading-edge” technology. · Begin to collaborate with business analysts and product managers to define system requirements and exit criteria.

Required Experience / Education:

· Must have experience developing professional Web-based applications in Ruby on Rails and HTTP technologies (i.e. AJAX, JavaScript, HTML, XHTML, XML, XSL, and CSS. Three (3) or more total years in web development required. Experience with Perl and CPAN also desirable. · Significant experience with Web application architecture and object-oriented programming. Experience with Agile development is a plus. · Experience with relational databases, preferably Oracle. Ability to write SQL queries and create tables and views. Knowledge of PL/SQL and Stored Procedures a plus. Database design knowledge is desirable. · Experience with large production environments (50+ servers), or writing software that runs on more than a few servers, or experience with enterprise class software development. · Ability to concisely and effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical groups. Ability to gather requirements and support end-users. · Strong English communication skills (reading, writing, presentation, and speaking). · Strong teamwork skills, preferably in Internet-related operation groups. Ability to work well with others, in both learning and teaching roles.

eTouch Systems is a Technology Consulting firm that WORKS ONLY WITH DIRECT CLIENTS.... and We specialize in Technology Strategy, Portals, Content Management

eTouch Systems is an *Equal Employment Opportunity provider*

Pl visit us at www.etouchconsulting.com to learn more about us.

Thank You & Best Regards, Mita Desai eTouch Systems Corp, Tel: (510) 795 4800 X 140 Fax: (510) 795 4803 Email: mdesai@etouch.net