Ruby on Rails Camp - Nov 9th in San Jose, CA

Many of us are excited about Ruby on Rails but there are still plenty of questions about performance, scalability and internationalization. Some companies have already decided to use RoR, and others are considering it.

Is Ruby on Rails Ready for Business ?

The Ruby on Rails Camp on November 9th in San Jose is an opportunity to exchange questions and opportunities on the topic of RoR's suitability for real-world, real-business applications. Will it scale? Will I be able to hire developers? Will it persist? Will there be support? Will it be compatible with /*/? Will there be enough third-party components? ... are all items one has to consider.

Logistics

The RoR camp will be held at IBM's Almaden Research Center on November 9, 2006, starting at 9am. Cost is 25$.

Unconference

Held in the unconference style, there will be no pre-planned speakers or agendas. As a first agenda item, there will be a call for session ideas that the participants themselves will give. So come prepared to share what you know!

SpeedDemo

There will also be a SpeedDemo session to show off your RoR application. You will have 5 minutes to present your application before the horn sounds and the groups move on. Each participant will vote on the best application! The applications don't need to be commercially polished; we like seeing the personal stuff you hacked together too!

For more information, see http://www.rubyonrailscamp.com

Is Ruby on Rails Ready for Business ?

The question is: Is Business Ready for Ruby on Rails?

exchange questions and opportunities on the topic of RoR's suitability for real-world, real-business applications.

If you ask DHH he will say "We want to bend the real-world...". So there is no question on RoR's suitability for real-world, real-business applications. Is the real-world ready for RoR?

Wow. There I am in the header of the site. I'm flattered :wink: I had no idea.

-Ezra

Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:

Wow. There I am in the header of the site. I'm flattered :wink: I had no idea.

-Ezra

Which one are you?

The header picture on http://www.rubyonrailscamp.com was grabbed from Flickr (it was CC licensed). The picture was taken at the Chicago Rails Conference and it would be fun to identify the people in the picture. So if you know any names of the other people in the picture, let me know. :slight_smile:

I'm the guy in front on the left with the blue and white shirt. I know most of the other folks too :wink:

Cheers- -Ezra

I smell conspiracy! Most likely this will be a FUD camp designed by IBM to make sure you don't take away billions of dollars from their lucrative WebSphere business. Railers beware! I've seen this kind of thing before. It's a trap for sure. Most likely they'll beat you all with burlap sacks of onions until you agree to use only Java so that Global Services can get back to charging millions of dollars for 100 user internal sites.

You've been warned!

(BTW, that's a damn joke. Laugh, don't flame.)