Ruby on Rail and Google Gadgets - Are they compatible?

Hi all,

Has anyone created a url type Gadget that hits a ruby on rails controller? Seems that methods that process request parameters fail before any code that I've written is reached. Am I missing something here? Stacktrace and failing methods are included below. Thanks in advance for any help!

James

You have a nil object when you didn't expect it! You might have expected an instance of Array. The error occured while evaluating nil.include? /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.3/lib/action_controller/cgi_ext/cgi_methods.rb:49:in `parse_request_parameters' /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.3/lib/action_controller/cgi_ext/cgi_methods.rb:47:in `parse_request_parameters' /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.3/lib/action_controller/cgi_process.rb:70:in `request_parameters' /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.3/lib/action_controller/request.rb:12:in `parameters' /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.3/lib/action_controller/session_management.rb:122:in `set_session_options_without_components' /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.3/lib/action_controller/components.rb:178:in `set_session_options' /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.3/lib/action_controller/session_management.rb:116:in `process' /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.1.4/lib/dispatcher.rb:38:in `dispatch' /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13/lib/mongrel/rails.rb:82:in `process' /opt/csw/lib/ruby/1.8/thread.rb:135:in `synchronize' /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13/lib/mongrel/rails.rb:80:in `process' /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13/lib/mongrel.rb:529:in `process_client' /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13/lib/mongrel.rb:528:in `process_client' /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13/lib/mongrel.rb:597:in `run' /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13/lib/mongrel.rb:596:in `run' /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13/lib/mongrel.rb:585:in `run' /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13/lib/mongrel.rb:909:in `run' /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13/lib/mongrel.rb:908:in `run' /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13/bin/mongrel_rails:143:in `run' /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13/lib/mongrel/command.rb:188:in `run' /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13/bin/mongrel_rails:247 /opt/csw/bin/mongrel_rails:18

# Returns the request (POST/GET) parameters in a parsed form where pairs such as "customer[address][street]" / # "Somewhere cool!" are translated into a full hash hierarchy, like # { "customer" => { "address" => { "street" => "Somewhere cool!" } } } def CGIMethods.parse_request_parameters(params)   parsed_params = {}

for key, value in params     value = [value] if key =~ /.*\[\]$/     unless key.include?('[') <- THIS IS WHERE THE CODE IS FAILING       # much faster to test for the most common case first (GET)       # and avoid the call to build_deep_hash       parsed_params[key] = get_typed_value(value[0])     else       build_deep_hash(get_typed_value(value[0]), parsed_params, get_levels(key))     end   end

parsed_params end

Thanks Keynan, I was trying to avoid changing core CGI-related code. I wondered if there was anyone else out there using Rails with Gadets, and if it is simply something I am doing wrong. Are you using Rails with Gadgets?

Thanks, James