ruby embedded conditionals

I can’t get my embedded if statement working in a html table.

here’s one row of my table from my cart index…

<td><%= cart.created_at.strftime("%m/%d/%Y") %> | <%=  cart.product_id %> | <% if cart.processing == 'true'%> <%= Processing order %> <% end %></td>

basically I want to indicate when an item is being processed in the cart...

Is cart.processing really a string? I would expect it to be boolean where you might compare it to true or just have <% if cart.processing %>

Norm

You should not have the <%= %> round Processing order as that is not ruby, so <% if cart.processing == 'true'%>Processing order<% end %> but possibly better <%= "Processing order" if cart.processing == 'true' %> That is assuming that cart.processing is a string not a boolean.

I suspect your original code would have shown an error in the console and development.log, in which case it is always a good idea to post the error when asking for help.

Colin

It is a boolean value, I did get it to work.

Try it like this:

<td><%= cart.created_at.strftime("%m/%d/%Y") %> | <%= cart.product_id %> | <%= 'Processing order' if cart.processing == 'true'%></td>
Also, why is cart.processing returning a string? (Or why are you testing the value is 'true'?) It would be more natural to have cart.processing? be truthy.

-Rob