Ruby CAS Server on Heroku

Hi,

I'm implementing a single sign-on solution based on rubycas-server and rubycas-client plugins. I'm also deploying a demo for my application on heroku.

Is it possible to deploy the CAS server on Heroku and connect my application (which is also on heroku) with such CAS server?

Ahmed

Ahmed Abdelsalam wrote:

Hi,

I'm implementing a single sign-on solution based on rubycas-server and rubycas-client plugins. I'm also deploying a demo for my application on heroku.

Is it possible to deploy the CAS server on Heroku and connect my application (which is also on heroku) with such CAS server?

Probably. But why not try it and find out?

Ahmed

Best,

Ahmed - wondering if you have tried this out yet and how it went if you did.

Chris

In case anyone is wondering, I've now got a version of rubycas-server (the sinatra version) running on heroku.

See here - https://github.com/metasoarous/read_only_rubycas_server.

It works a bit differently than the old one, but it does work. In particular, whereas the old one is both a gem and the actual application (which not only seemed weird on it's face but also posed issues with heroku), this one has been factored out to work as a gem that you require in your project. So there is some work to do in setting up the application, but the README on github should get you going without too much difficulty.

If advice, comments, suggestions, critiques, please do let me know.

Chris