routes matching different path for different users.

I want to display different layouts based on user. If user is "intraOp" the I want to use layout intraOp, if user is "interOp" I want to display layout interOp while if controller_devise I want to display application layout. I based the user selection on request.path. If request.path is /intraOp then I select user IntraOp, if /interOp then select user interOp and so on. The routes.rb is:

match "intraOp" => "companies#index" match "interOp" => "companies#index"

The problem is that I use pagination. When the request.path is /interOp companies#index is launched, and are displayed 10 companies with pagination. When I click for displaying page 2 companies#index is launched but the path is not /interOp/companies......... but is /intraOp/companies.........that is because companies#index is first matched with "intraOp". Have you some suggestions to solve the problem to having different layouts based on user? I prefer to not create two controllers: intraOp and interOp.

I want to display different layouts based on user. If user is "intraOp" the I want to use layout intraOp, if user is "interOp" I want to display layout interOp while if controller_devise I want to display application layout. I based the user selection on request.path. If request.path is /intraOp then I select user IntraOp, if /interOp then select user interOp and so on. The routes.rb is:

The problem is that I use pagination. When the request.path is /interOp companies#index is launched, and are displayed 10 companies with pagination. When I click for displaying page 2 companies#index is launched but the path is not /interOp/companies......... but is /intraOp/companies.........that is because companies#index is first matched with "intraOp". Have you some suggestions to solve the problem to having different layouts based on user? I prefer to not create two controllers: intraOp and interOp.

Sorry for my ignorance, can you explain better?

---- stuff the 'company' into the users session and you can use the session value everywhere, all the time (or not)

Sorry for my ignorance, can you explain better?

I don't know who the user is until it connect to the application. I use devise. If the user is signed_in the I want "application" layout and he can create/modify/destroy. If the user is not signed in then I must distinguish if to use "intra" layout or "inter" layout. To do this I am thinking to set a session variable called, for example, session[:intra] or session[:inter]. The choice If to use session[:intra][ or session[:inter] is done looking at url. If localhost/intra then I use "intra" layout and set session[:intra], if localhost/inter I use "inter" layout and set session[:inter]. What do you think about?

Wouldn't it be simpler to have something like session[:layout] and only have one place to check? :slight_smile:

(You could set it to "application" at login, as well.)