Ror with MongoDB problems and questions

Hi Ok what i want to do is work with MongoDB using standard ActiveRecord methods like Model.all Model.find and so on but whithout ActiveRecord itself. First to notice Ror using database.yml where we create connection config like define: adapter database login password socket

ok for mongodb we have no adapter and then we cann't use database.yml at all. We can create own mongodb.yml where we can define: server port database how ror knows wich config to use(database.yml or mongodb.yml) i don't know.

and then define that in mongo_config.rb in initialize folder. Like MongoMapper.connection = MongoMapper.database =

at railscasts.com Ryan suggest only adding MongoMapper.database = "base" in mmongo_config.rb ( gem 'mongo_mapper' required in Gemfile).

After all you make model like this class Person include MongoMapper::Document key:name key:lname

it should use mongo_mapper but it fails. It doesn't work. At least with Rails 3beta and 1.9.1. Because it still using ActiveRecord some how and database.yml accordingly. And server doesn't work and console. So i didn't find a method to switch off ActiveRecord easily ( earlier it can be done by config.frameworks -= {:active_record} and it doesn't work for rails 3.)

Ok what to do with this ? Tell me your experience.

And for Ror core team it would be wise to implement switching on off gems like ActiveRecord for application and (or) make adapter for document-based DB's because popularity for this kind of DB's now is growing pretty fast. And it will be easy to use mongodb adapter instead of making custom implementations.

ok i guess i fixed problem I installed "devise" - auth manager and it works only with active_record and mongoid and doesn't support mongo_mapper so far. So in config was active_record by default.