RoR Developer Needed in Sunny Austin, Texas where the margaritas and queso flow like water

Hello everyone!

I’m sure you get hit up with a million emails a day about lack luster jobs, but I wanted to post here because I have a RoR developer position of epic proportions. This is with a fantastic tech/ed company that just jumped on the bandwagon and moved to my lovely Austin, TX. In addition to Lonestar and Queso in the fridge, they offer an amazing salary and will also provide relocation assistance in the form of carriage drawn by 12 majestic armadillos.

I’ve included the job description below (obviously not composed by me, but decent, none the less). If for some reason you don’t like to be serenaded by the sweet sounds of Willie Nelson while tubing down the river, but know someone who does, feel free to send them this email and I will happily send a referral bonus via the pony express.

Let me know if you are interested, and in the mean time I leave you with a little haiku:

In search of Ruby

Developers out of reach

Please respond yes/no.

Thanks from your friendly Austin, TX recruiter!!!

**Traci Martin | **Interactive Resources

Sr. Recruiting Operations Manager | tmartin@irtalnet.com

512-750-1948

This position will require interaction with various other developers, employees, and software management in order to perform the necessary duties correctly.

SKILLS:

Very comfortable doing full-stack web development

Expert knowledge of Ruby and Rails

Strong knowledge of MySQL and other databases

Ability to architect scalable Rails services

Strong JavaScript and HTML5 skills

Experience working on large-scale web applications

Avid follower of the technology industry and current technology/web-related trends

In-depth knowledge of scalability, systems engineering and design patterns

Great product sense and design sense; excellent technical judgement and architecture experience

ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:

·
Strong product sense and excellent technical judgement

·
Write clean, readable, and efficient code to achieve the proper detailed objective

·
Thoroughly test code, thinking outside the box, before marking assigned tasks as complete

·
Analyze software performance and take action to correct deficiencies

·
Debug software defects and provide proper solutions

·
Maintain involved projects and make approved software changes

·
Clearly document and record programming-related information

·
Mentor and perform basic training to lower-title developers as needed

OTHER REQUIREMENTS:

·
Excellent communication and problem solving skills

·
Ability to cooperate and function effectively in a fast-paced team environment

·
Willingness to attend progressive job related training as requested

·
Experience working on large-scale web applications

Ability to own projects end-to-end as demonstrated by significant open-source contributions, independent projects, team leadership, or startups

Hi Tracy,

Yes, I am interested in the position (my resume attached)

Please,let me know any comment

Regards,

Josue

Josue Figueroa Resume V2.docx (29.8 KB)