RJS to change image on submit button

Hi I have an observer that fires on the basis of a drop-down.

I need to change the icon on the submit button of a form based on this value. I created the submit button using "image_submit_tag".

I have it working with this code in my RJS template:

if params[:type] == "type_a"   page.replace_html "submit_button",     '<input class="submit" src="/images/btn_type_a.gif" type="image" />' else   page.replace_html "submit_button",     '<input class="submit" src="/images/btn_type_b.gif" type="image" />' end

I expect there is a better way to do this than having to replace the code generated by my image_submit_tag. I would rather just replace the image directly.

Any help/ideas appreciated...

Hi I have an observer that fires on the basis of a drop-down.

I need to change the icon on the submit button of a form based on this value. I created the submit button using "image_submit_tag".

I have it working with this code in my RJS template:

if params[:type] == "type_a" page.replace_html "submit_button",    '<input class="submit" src="/images/btn_type_a.gif" type="image" / >' else page.replace_html "submit_button",    '<input class="submit" src="/images/btn_type_b.gif" type="image" />' end

You could always just do page << "$ ('submit_button').src='someother_picture.gif'";

or even page['submit_button'].src= 'someother_picture.gif' (which will
result in the same output).

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote:

or even page['submit_button'].src= 'someother_picture.gif' (which will result in the same output).

Fred

Thanks Fred. Sometimes things are blindingly obvious :slight_smile: I've used your suggestion and it's made for cheaner code. Many Thanks.