rjs is not working in the internet explorer

i have checked the DOM tree and every thing is working fine... The same works fine in mozilla firefox... I m here by pasting the screen shot taken in the internet explorer.. The code i have written is render :update do |page|#rjs for posting comment and replacing the element            @video=Video.find_by_id(@comment.video_id)            @comments= Comment.find(:all,:conditions=>["video_id =?",@comment.video_id],:limit=>5,:order=>"created_at DESC")            page['result'].replace_html :partial => 'partials/comments', :object => @comments #here @comments is the object i m passing to the partial and result is the html element that i m updating            page['my_form'].reset #my remote_form_for id            flash[:notice] = "Thank you for commenting this video"            page.replace_html :message, flash[:notice], :object=> flash[:notice]            flash.discard            page.visual_effect :highlight, 'result', :duration => 2 #for highlighting the result div            page.visual_effect :highlight, 'message', :duration => 2 #this is the flash message            page.visual_effect(:fade, 'comments', :duration => 0.5)          end #end for rjs

Attachments: http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/1299/ajax_error.JPG

Saurabh Purnaye wrote:

i have checked the DOM tree and every thing is working fine... The same works fine in mozilla firefox... I m here by pasting the screen shot taken in the internet explorer..

Are you using <tbody> in table or not? If not, then try using that.

Saurabh,

When you run into an rjs error, it's useful to know which line triggered the error/odd behaviour. => to find out, you must : - comment all your rjs file contents, and see if it works (meaning: no error dialog) and then, - uncomment lines 1 by 1, and see when the error happens

HTH

Alain Ravet

resp sir, Thanks for reply .. actually i commented all the lines as you said but the lines where there is a visual effect is having the errors... e.g. flash[:notice] = "Thank you for commenting this video"            page.replace_html :message, flash[:notice], :object=> flash[:notice] page.visual_effect :highlight, 'result', :duration => 2 page.visual_effect(:fade, 'comments', :duration => 0.5) can we come up with some solutions.. Thanks and regards Saurabh Purnaye saurabh.purnaye@gmail.com +919922907342

Do the fade and highlight divs exist on the page?

ya Ryan The elements exists on the view pages... can i have your gmail id for gtalk?

Do the fade and highlight divs exist on the page?

I have met the problem also. Because of lack of the knowledge of IE, I really feel frustrating about that.

How can i solve the problem?

Thanks.

Doesn't M$ provide a Javascript debugger of some sort? Is your HTML standards compliant?