RJS Doesn't work for me :(

Joe Ruby MUDCRAP-CE wrote:

I'm developing on my Mac OS X Powerbook using just Mongrel. I've been trying to get the simplest of RJS to work:

# view <div id="test">ruby</div>

link_to_remote 'update', :url=>{:action=>:doit}

# controller def doit   render :update do |page|     page.replace_html('test', 'rails')     # page['test'].replace_html('rails') # doesn't work either     # page['test'].value = 'rails' # doesn't work either     # page.hide 'test' # doesn't work either     # bunch of other RJS attempts that don't work...   end end

Am I missing something? The link appears to work, as clicking it shows up in the log. I have no idea why it's not working, unless maybe it's a Mongrel-only thing (as opposed to using Mongrel and Lighty) -- but that's a shot in the dark. Or maybe it's related to using controller modules? If I add ":update=>'test'" to the link tag, the div gets changed to "Element.update("test", "rails");" or "$('test').value='rails'" or whatever. I've restarted Mongrel many times, tried it in Safari, refreshed, checked my javascript settings (it does seem like the javascript isn't getting run for some reason), etc. -- all to no avail. Anybody have ANY idea what the problem might be? I'm getting cross-eyed...

Thanks, Joe

-- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

Sounds like you forgot to put...

<%= javascript_include_tag :defaults %>

in the head of your layout file.

_Kevin

I'd get a copy of the firebug extension for firefox and see what the AJAX request/response looks like.

_Kevin