Restful Authentication Uninitialized Constant in Production...

rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV=production     rake aborted!     uninitialized constant User::Authentication

The preceding I encounter when attempting to migrate to the production database. My google powers have escaped me. Everywhere says Restful Authentication is missing in the production server. However, to validate this, I attempted this on the same server as the development, which works.

So, what could cause the production environment to not see something that is there, when the development environment can?

Ahh. While writing this, I decided to change:

RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '2.2.2' unless defined? RAILS_GEM_VERSION

to this

RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '2.1.0' unless defined? RAILS_GEM_VERSION

And, things work fine. Now to find out why. I don't like having to step downward...

Nope, that just gets me to...

ActionView::TemplateError (uninitialized constant User::Authentication)

So, WTF?

http://www.mail-archive.com/rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com/msg00009.html

says ...rename vendor/plugins/authentication-plugin to something without a hyphen character (like ‘authentication’ or ‘restful_authentication’).

Hope this helps

Thanks for the quick reply. The following are the names of the plugins I presently have installed. None have hyphens.

drwx------ 3 ... ... 4096 2009-01-11 15:38 haml/ drwx------ 5 ... ... 4096 2009-01-11 21:25 restful_authentication/ drwx------ 5 ... ... 4096 2009-01-11 15:38 role_requirement/

Further information on my inability to get Restful Authentication to work:

/home/.../.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/ dependencies.rb:102:in `const_missing' app/models/user.rb:24 lib/authenticated_system.rb:125:in `login_from_cookie' lib/authenticated_system.rb:12:in `current_user' lib/authenticated_system.rb:6:in `logged_in?' (eval):2:in `send' (eval):2:in `logged_in?' app/views/shared/_entryway.html.haml:3 app/views/layouts/standard.html.haml:15

This is from running "script/server RAILS_ENV=production" when I just run script/server, things work fine on the prod server. Both environments work fine on the dev server...