restful authentication question

Does anyone have experience with the restful authentication plugin git://github.com/technoweenie/restful-authentication.git ?

I'm trying to access the logged in user's name outside of the users controller. Any suggestions how to do this in a safe manner?

Many TIA, Craig

Dudebot wrote:

I'm trying to access the logged in user's name outside of the users controller. Any suggestions how to do this in a safe manner?

current_user.login

Dudebot wrote:

Does anyone have experience with the restful authentication plugin git://github.com/technoweenie/restful-authentication.git ?

I've got lots of experience with restful_auth -- enough to know that it depends on unmaintainable generated code and should not ever be used, now that better alternatives exist. Try Authlogic instead. You'll be a lot happier.

Many TIA, Craig

Best,

Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:

I've got lots of experience with restful_auth -- enough to know that it depends on unmaintainable generated code and should not ever be used, now that better alternatives exist. Try Authlogic instead. You'll be a lot happier.

+1