resizing images for display only with image_tag()

Are you meaning to resize the image to a percentage of it's current size or as a percentage of it's parent html black (like it would act if you just put percentages in the width and height attributes of the html img tag)?

If you mean the latter, it's just a matter of changing the way 'image_tag' works so that you can feed it percentage as well as pixel values but if you mean the former, I'm not sure if you can do it without resorting to using rmagick (or similar) to find the width and height of the image and then halve them and use that in the 'image_tag' size option.

idleFingers wrote:

Are you meaning to resize the image to a percentage of it's current size or as a percentage of it's parent html black (like it would act if you just put percentages in the width and height attributes of the html img tag)?

If you mean the latter, it's just a matter of changing the way 'image_tag' works so that you can feed it percentage as well as pixel values but if you mean the former, I'm not sure if you can do it without resorting to using rmagick (or similar) to find the width and height of the image and then halve them and use that in the 'image_tag' size option.

i mean the latter