Hi, I'm pretty sure to have seen a new method 'remove_accents' in Rails 2.2 but I can't find it again. Is it me or does this method exists for good ?
Thanks
Hi, I'm pretty sure to have seen a new method 'remove_accents' in Rails 2.2 but I can't find it again. Is it me or does this method exists for good ?
Thanks
Here's another solution:
http://www.techniconseils.ca/en/scripts-remove-accents-ruby.php
Unfortunately, I still have the same encoding problems, but hopefully
it'll work for you. And don't hesitate to get back to me if you think
you know what I'm doing wrong ![]()
Good luck,
Chris.
Bob,
Rails doesn't have a specific method to remove diacritics. There are a couple alternatives - I used the 1st one and it works really great:
+ http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/5609 + http://github.com/thbar/diacritics_fu/tree/master + Best Online Casino in Australia | Top Licensed Casinos for Gamblers + http://www.techniconseils.ca/en/scripts-remove-accents-ruby.php
Cheers, Sazima
I used the 1st one and it works really great:
I tried that, but I get the following error message:
NameError: uninitialized constant ActiveSupport::Multibyte::Handlers
I have Ruby 1.8.6 and Rails 2.2.2.
Thanks,
Chris.