Rapid Rails Development?

I'm curious how long people take to build a typical website in rails. I appreciate that there is no "typical" project, but I'm trying to get an idea of how long it might take to implement some ideas I have.

Perhaps you can point to a site you have built at say that took me (and x number of others) "2 days" / "2 months" / "2 hours". Or, i can build a simple online shop in xxx days.

The last full cycle web development project I worked on was in asp /sql several years ago - an online record store. The bulk of the work probably took a couple of months.

Thanks Toby

toby privett wrote:

The last full cycle web development project I worked on was in asp /sql several years ago - an online record store. The bulk of the work probably took a couple of months.

In general I've heard, and my experience tells me, that sites like that usually take about half as much time as classical ASP. But it is hard to say, depends on who's working on it, what the requirements are, what your deployment requirements are, etc.

If you're interested, we're running a one-day workshop in Chicago for ASP developers who are now learning Rails. There's a link to the full announcment in the sidebar of our blog at softiesonrails.com.

Jeff www.softiesonrails.com