Random SystemExit. ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid

I have this recurrent problem that I just can't figure out. On several parts of the application when active record is executing some query it throws a ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid exit like this:

I may be misremembering, but I have a vague idea that this can happen if the mongrel/whatever is sent a TERM signal. How is your app deployed? (in particular I seem to remember apache being a little enthusiastic about killing fastcgi instances)

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote:

Frederick Cheung wrote:

I have this recurrent problem that I just can't figure out. On
several parts of the application when active record is executing some
query it throws a ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid exit like this:

I may be misremembering, but I have a vague idea that this can happen if the mongrel/whatever is sent a TERM signal. How is your app deployed? (in particular I seem to remember apache being a little enthusiastic about killing fastcgi instances)

Fred

We deploy to virtual hosts using apache on ubuntu.

But what sits behind that? Mod_rails, mongrel, fastcgi, scgi?

Frederick Cheung wrote:

Frederick Cheung wrote:

>>> I may be misremembering, but I have a vague idea that this can happen >>> if the mongrel/whatever is sent a TERM signal. How is your app >>> deployed? (in particular I seem to remember apache being a little >>> enthusiastic about killing fastcgi instances)

>>> Fred

>> We deploy to virtual hosts using apache on ubuntu.

> But what sits behind that? Mod_rails, mongrel, fastcgi, scgi?

hehe, sorry, fastcgi

So as I was saying, I remember apache killing off fastcgi instances. I think it logs (or can be told to log) when it does this. If you can correlate this with when you get the errors then you'll have found your cause.

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote: