Rake test fails in RadRails on Clean Install

I apologise in advance that I've come into TDD late in the game and am now trying to catch up. I searched others posts to try and find the answer before creating this new post, with no success.

I'm using the Aptana IDE with RadRails Plugin, all in the Eclipse framework. I just tried to clean out everything and do a clean re- install. I then did a >Gem Update --System.

Now, before any development....I want to run >rake test and I want to get everything passing.

Here's the log I'm getting

Sounds like you have a syntax error in photo.rb, close to line 16.

Fred

Did you read the error message or simply copy paste it for someone to do the work for you?

I am trying to read the error messages and understand them. Unfortunately, I'm trying to mostly teach myself with whatever good books I can come up with on the subject. All I really want to do is get to the original blank slate....with all tests passing, so I can start from there and know what new stuff is failing.

I went out and cleared out a lot of the testing stuff, and now I'm down to the following errors:

rake test

(in C:/workspace/Demos) C:/ruby/bin/ruby -I"C:/workspace/Demos/lib" -I"C:/workspace/Demos/ test" "C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake/ rake_test_loader.rb" C:/ruby/bin/ruby -I"C:/workspace/Demos/lib" -I"C:/workspace/Demos/ test" "C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake/ rake_test_loader.rb" C:/ruby/bin/ruby -I"C:/workspace/Demos/lib" -I"C:/workspace/Demos/ test" "C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake/ rake_test_loader.rb"

Did I clear out too much? Should I re-install the Rake GEM?

Thanks, Wayne

Maybe this is just normal case now? I went out and individually ran test:units, test:functionals, test:plugins, test:integration and it looks like I always get the same response. Am I ready to start building? Thanks again, Wayne

I am trying to read the error messages and understand them. Unfortunately, I'm trying to mostly teach myself with whatever good books I can come up with on the subject. All I really want to do is get to the original blank slate....with all tests passing, so I can start from there and know what new stuff is failing.

I went out and cleared out a lot of the testing stuff, and now I'm down to the following errors:>rake test

(in C:/workspace/Demos) C:/ruby/bin/ruby -I"C:/workspace/Demos/lib" -I"C:/workspace/Demos/ test" "C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake/ rake_test_loader.rb" C:/ruby/bin/ruby -I"C:/workspace/Demos/lib" -I"C:/workspace/Demos/ test" "C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake/ rake_test_loader.rb" C:/ruby/bin/ruby -I"C:/workspace/Demos/lib" -I"C:/workspace/Demos/ test" "C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake/ rake_test_loader.rb"

That's not an error. It doesn't appear to be running any tests though (maybe because you removed them all - not quite sure why you would do that.).

Fred