rake db:migrate:down?

The behavior of rake db:migrate:down is a little bit unexpected (to me at least).

If I do this:

$ rake db:version

Current version: 20080930121212

$ rake db:migrate:down VERSION=20080930121212

what happens is the schema in that migration is rolled back, but the migration version is NOT removed from schema_migrations table. So now rails thinks the db is at version X (according to schema_migrations), when it fact its schema is really at version X-1.

Am I missing something obvious here? I would have expected db:migrate:down to also remove that version from schema_migrations.

Thanks

dwh

The behavior of rake db:migrate:down is a little bit unexpected (to me at least).

If I do this: $ rake db:version Current version: 20080930121212 $ rake db:migrate:down VERSION=20080930121212

what happens is the schema in that migration is rolled back, but the migration version is NOT removed from schema_migrations table.

$ rake --describe db:migrate:down rake db:migrate:down     Runs the "down" for a given migration VERSION.

Am I missing something obvious here? I would have expected db:migrate:down to also remove that version from schema_migrations.

You probably want just "db:migrate" with a specific version:

$ rake db:migrate VERSION=20080930121212