rake db:create => LIBMYSQL.DLL not found. how to solve????

ruby.exe - Unable to locate Component This application has failed to start because LIBMYSQL.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application might fix this problem.

i get that message when running rake db:create from what directory should i run rake db:create?

[1] gem install mysql [2] you will see like error syntac but dont pay attention to it [3] find LIBMYSQL.DLL from your mysql/bin folder in your mysql folder not ruby folder. [4] copy & paste that file to ruby/bin [5] restart your server or console, if you are already run it.

Then Cheer, Reinhart http://teapoci.blogspot.com

do i need to download(and pay for) mysql separately from www.mysql.com? what does gem install mysql do? downloads and installs it or just downloads some Rails-Mysql-connectivity?

do i need to download(and pay for) mysql separately from www.mysql.com?

mysql is free (look for the 'community server' stuff, as there is also stuff you can pay for if you want technical support and that sort of thing).

what does gem install mysql do? downloads and installs it or just downloads some Rails-Mysql-connectivity?

it's the library through which ruby (and therefore rails) accesses mysql.

Fred

Rails Terrorist wrote:

[1] gem install mysql [2] you will see like error syntac but dont pay attention to it [3] find LIBMYSQL.DLL from your mysql/bin folder in your mysql folder not ruby folder. [4] copy & paste that file to ruby/bin [5] restart your server or console, if you are already run it.

Then Cheer, Reinhart http://teapoci.blogspot.com

Thanx Reinhart

this helps me to run rails on windows.

m trying to run my hello world prgm<since 3hrs now!!> pls help..1st i got the above stated error..on solvin tat<thnks 2 u'll> now i am getting :

/!\ FAILSAFE /!\ 2010-08-24 03:27:09 +0530   Status: 500 Internal Server Error   Unknown database 'demo_development'     C:/Ruby19/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/lib/active_record/conn ection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb:619:in `real_connect'...............

help plz

Sagar Jhobalia wrote:

m trying to run my hello world prgm<since 3hrs now!!> pls help..1st i got the above stated error..on solvin tat<thnks 2 u'll> now i am getting :

/!\ FAILSAFE /!\ 2010-08-24 03:27:09 +0530   Status: 500 Internal Server Error   Unknown database 'demo_development'     C:/Ruby19/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/lib/active_record/conn ection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb:619:in `real_connect'...............

help plz

It means just what it says. Does the DB exist yet?

Best,

Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:

Sagar Jhobalia wrote:

help plz

Best, -- Marnen Laibow-Koser http://www.marnen.org marnen@marnen.org

Sent from my iPhone

i don't understand,i mean i've installed the mysql,& the application itself requires no access of database..so..i stil dont know what am i suppossed to do.

Sagar Jhobalia wrote:

Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:

Sagar Jhobalia wrote:

help plz

Best, -- Marnen Laibow-Koser http://www.marnen.org marnen@marnen.org

Sent from my iPhone

i don't understand,i mean i've installed the mysql,& the application itself requires no access of database..so..i stil dont know what am i suppossed to do.

check you config/database.yml page. obviously it mentions a database named 'demo_development'.

just like Marnen has mentioned above, it must be because this database does not exist that you are getting this error.

This worked for me. A minor correction: libmysql.dll is in mysql/lib folder and paste it to your ruby/bin folder!!!

Yacobus Reinhart wrote in post #664497:

For further details about this issue, refer to the post -

This along with many other issues of mysql2 gem has already been solved by many users and they have posted their solutions also.

Thanks Ritesh Kumar