Rake argument error

Hi,

I'm having a problem loading a sample data with simple rake command. rake db:fixtures:load

When I run the above command,I get the following error

$rake db:fixtures:load (in /home/raghu/www/photos) rake aborted! a YAML error occurred parsing /home/raghu/www/photos/test/fixtures/photos.yml. Please note that YAML must be consistently indented using spaces. Tabs are not allowed. Please have a look at YAML Ain't Markup Language The exact error was:   ArgumentError: syntax error on line 14, col 11: ` filename: train.jpg'

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

Here is the file that can be useful

# Read about fixtures at http://ar.rubyonrails.org/classes/Fixtures.html

one:   filename: MyString   thumbnail: MyString   description: MyString

two:   filename: MyString   thumbnail: MyString   description: MyString

photo_1:   id:1   filename: train.jpg   thumbnail: train_t.jpg   description: My ride to work

photo_2:   id: 2   filename: lighthouse.jpg   thumbnail: lighthouse_t.jpg   description: I take dates here all the time

photo_3:   id: 3   filename: gargoyle.jpg   thumbnail: gargoyle_t.jpg   description: My paper weight

photo_4:   id: 4   filename: cat.jpg   thumbnail: cat_t.jpg   description: My pet photo_5:   id: 5   filename: cappucino.jpg   thumbnail: cappucino_t.jpg   description: Life Juice

photo_6:   id: 6   filename: building.jpg   thumbnail: building_t.jpg   description: My office photo_7:   id: 7   filename: bridge.jpg   thumbnail: bridge_t.jpg   description: Place I'd like to visit

Any idea of what might went wrong?

Raghu

Hi,

I'm having a problem loading a sample data with simple rake command. rake db:fixtures:load

When I run the above command,I get the following error

$rake db:fixtures:load (in /home/raghu/www/photos) rake aborted! a YAML error occurred parsing /home/raghu/www/photos/test/fixtures/photos.yml. Please note that YAML must be consistently indented using spaces. Tabs are not allowed. Please have a look at YAML Ain't Markup Language The exact error was: ArgumentError: syntax error on line 14, col 11: ` filename: train.jpg'

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

Here is the file that can be useful

# Read about fixtures at http://ar.rubyonrails.org/classes/Fixtures.html

one: filename: MyString thumbnail: MyString description: MyString

two: filename: MyString thumbnail: MyString description: MyString

photo_1: id:1 filename: train.jpg

Have you double checked there are no tabs on the line above? Also try deleting it, retyping it, changing it to something that works then changing it back again etc etc Basically try things to get a handle on the problem.

Colin

Hey,

The error is that there’s no space in “id:1” in the YAML.

/Lasse

Colin Law wrote:

Lasse Bunk wrote:

Hey,

The error is that there's no space in "id:1" in the YAML.

/Lasse

Hi Lasse,

I've even tried that but gives me same error.

Raghu

There should be no tab characters anywhere in yaml files. Lasse is right that there should be space after id: in the line above. So having fixed that what was the result of my other suggestions? Deleting that line, retyping it, pasting in a line that you know works and so on. If the line in that position keeps giving an error whatever you do then it is probably the line above, I assumed Lasse's suggestion would fix it.

Colin

I tried parsing the YAML as given by Raghu, and it worked after fixing the “id:1” > “id: 1” error.

/Lasse