Rake aborted!

Hi all, I got an error when i try to run the rack task Error “Rake aborted Execution expired”

anyone guide me.

You will have to give us a few more clues. Which OS are you using? Which versions of Ruby and Rails? Does rake go away for a long time before showing the error (how long)? Try adding the --trace option to rake to see if you get any useful information. If that does not help post the exact command you are entering and the full text of what happens.

Colin

Hi , I am using ubuntu linux os and rails version 3.0.3,ruby version 1.8.7 and i cant trace it because if i gave rake -T --trace command again it throws the same error

Hi , I am using ubuntu linux os and rails version 3.0.3,ruby version 1.8.7 and i cant trace it because if i gave rake -T --trace command again it throws the same error

Please don't top post, it makes it difficult to follow the thread and makes it easy for you to forget to answer some of the questions (see below). Insert your reply at appropriate points in the previous message. Thanks.

> > Hi all, > I got an error when i try to run the rack task > Error > "Rake aborted > Execution expired"

You will have to give us a few more clues. Which OS are you using? Which versions of Ruby and Rails? Does rake go away for a long time before showing the error (how long)?

You have not answered this.

Try adding the --trace option to rake to see if you get any useful information. If that does not help post the exact command you are entering and the full text of what happens.

You have not told us the exact command you are entering. If it happens with all rake commands you should tell us that. You say above that even with --trace you get absolutely nothing on the terminal except execution expired? Not even a reply showing which folder it is in?

Colin