rake aborted with ruby on rails

when i run rake db:create

WARNING: ‘require ‘rake/rdoctask’’ is deprecated. Please use ‘require ‘rdoc/task’ (in RDoc 2.4.2+)’ instead.

at /home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rake/rdoctask.rb

DEPRECATION WARNING: Rake tasks in vendor/plugins/exception_logger/tasks, vendor/plugins/jrails/tasks, vendor/plugins/jrails_auto_complete/tasks, and vendor/plugins/mongo_db_logger/tasks are deprecated. Use lib/tasks instead. (called from /home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/rails-2.3.11/lib/tasks/rails.rb:10)

DEPRECATION WARNING: Kernel#returning has been deprecated in favor of Object#tap. (called from enable_activerecord at /home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/mislav-will_paginate-2.3.11/lib/will_paginate.rb:39)

** TwitterAuth initialized properly.

rake aborted!

/home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/texticle-2.0.2/lib/texticle.rb:44: syntax error, unexpected tIDENTIFIER, expecting tAMPER

send(method, *search_terms, exclusive)

^

/home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/texticle-2.0.2/lib/texticle.rb:78: undefined (?..) sequence: /^search_by_(?[_a-zA-Z]\w*)$/

/home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/texticle-2.0.2/lib/texticle.rb:86: undefined (?..) sequence: /^search_by_(?[_a-zA-Z]\w*)$/

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

when i run rake db:create WARNING: 'require 'rake/rdoctask'' is deprecated. Please use 'require 'rdoc/task' (in RDoc 2.4.2+)' instead. at /home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rake/rdoctask.rb DEPRECATION WARNING: Rake tasks in vendor/plugins/exception_logger/tasks, vendor/plugins/jrails/tasks, vendor/plugins/jrails_auto_complete/tasks, and vendor/plugins/mongo_db_logger/tasks are deprecated. Use lib/tasks instead.

It looks like you might have out of date plugins in the vendor directory, though these are only warnings.

(called from /home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/rails-2.3.11/lib/tasks/rails.rb:10) DEPRECATION WARNING: Kernel#returning has been deprecated in favor of Object#tap. (called from enable_activerecord at /home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/mislav-will_paginate-2.3.11/lib/will_paginate.rb:39) ** TwitterAuth initialized properly. rake aborted! /home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/texticle-2.0.2/lib/texticle.rb:44: syntax error, unexpected tIDENTIFIER, expecting tAMPER __send__(method, *search_terms, exclusive)

This is saying there is an error in the textile gem, I don't know about that, but is that version compatible with the ruby and rails that you are using?

Colin

i am fed-up with the memcached. now am showing the detailed problem, but am trying to solve this for 3 days…

#######################Environment.rb file

Be sure to restart your server when you modify this file

Specifies gem version of Rails to use when vendor/rails is not present

RAILS_GEM_VERSION = ‘2.3.11’ unless defined? RAILS_GEM_VERSION

Bootstrap the Rails environment, frameworks, and default configuration

require File.join(File.dirname(FILE), ‘boot’)

if Gem::VERSION >= “1.3.6”

module Rails

class GemDependency

def requirement

r = super

(r == Gem::Requirement.default) ? nil : r

end

end

end

end

Rails::Initializer.run do |config|

config.gem ‘oauth’

config.gem ‘ezcrypto’

config.gem ‘english’

#config.gem ‘hoptoad_notifier’

config.gem ‘oauth2’

config.gem ‘rubyist-aasm’, :lib => ‘aasm’, :source => ‘http://gems.github.com

config.gem ‘texticle’

config.gem ‘memcached’

config.gem ‘mislav-will_paginate’, :lib => ‘will_paginate’, :source => ‘http://gems.github.com

config.gem “RedCloth”, :lib => “redcloth”

require ‘memcached’

Set Time.zone default to the specified zone and make Active Record auto-convert to this zone.

Run “rake -D time” for a list of tasks for finding time zone names.

config.time_zone = ‘Mumbai’

The default locale is :en and all translations from config/locales/*.rb,yml are auto loaded.

config.i18n.load_path += Dir[Rails.root.join(‘my’, ‘locales’, ‘*.{rb,yml}’)]

config.i18n.default_locale = :de

I don't know why this problem may be arising, but I can only point out once again that you are using out of date plugins in the vendor/plugins directory. Do you have a good reason for doing this?

Colin

thank Colin,

i know that Colin, am using the out of date plugins. but i need to run with this.

just i commented the memcached, and run it. its OK now going fine. but when i start the server

ruby script/server

=> Booting WEBrick

=> Rails 2.3.11 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000

DEPRECATION WARNING: Kernel#returning has been deprecated in favor of Object#tap. (called from enable_activerecord at /home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/mislav-will_paginate-2.3.11/lib/will_paginate.rb:39)

** TwitterAuth initialized properly.

/home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/rails-2.3.11/lib/rails/rack/log_tailer.rb:10:in `size’: No such file or directory - /home/vishnu/rordev/getafix/log/development.log (Errno::ENOENT)

from /home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/rails-2.3.11/lib/rails/rack/log_tailer.rb:10:in `initialize'

from /home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/rack-1.1.2/lib/rack/builder.rb:54:in `new'

from /home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/rack-1.1.2/lib/rack/builder.rb:54:in `use'

from /home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/rack-1.1.2/lib/rack/builder.rb:73:in `call'

from /home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/rack-1.1.2/lib/rack/builder.rb:73:in `to_app'

from /home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/rack-1.1.2/lib/rack/builder.rb:71:in `inject'

from /home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/rack-1.1.2/lib/rack/builder.rb:73:in `each'

from /home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/rack-1.1.2/lib/rack/builder.rb:73:in `inject'

from /home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/rack-1.1.2/lib/rack/builder.rb:73:in `to_app'

from /home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/rails-2.3.11/lib/commands/server.rb:95

from /home/vishnu/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.8.7-p352/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:29:in `gem_original_require'

from /home/vishnu/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.8.7-p352/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:29:in `require'

from script/server:3

have any problem with TwitterAuth???

Thank you

Vishnu

Colin, i think the problem with the missing of development.log file? now just i created the development.log in log folder? have any problem?

thank Colin,

Please don't top post, it makes it difficult to follow the thread. Insert your reply at appropriate points in previous message. Thanks.

i know that Colin, am using the out of date plugins. but i need to run with this. just i commented the memcached, and run it. its OK now going fine. but when i start the server

ruby script/server => Booting WEBrick => Rails 2.3.11 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000 DEPRECATION WARNING: Kernel#returning has been deprecated in favor of Object#tap. (called from enable_activerecord at /home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/mislav-will_paginate-2.3.11/lib/will_paginate.rb:39) ** TwitterAuth initialized properly.

I don't know anything about twitterauth but the above message suggests that all is well.

/home/vishnu/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352@rails2.3.11/gems/rails-2.3.11/lib/rails/rack/log_tailer.rb:10:in `size': No such file or directory - /home/vishnu/rordev/getafix/log/development.log (Errno::ENOENT)

It is important to read the errors carefully. The above suggests that it cannot access the log file. It should create the log file if it does not exist (I think) but I wonder whether the log directory does not exist.

Colin