Rails where clause help

Hi,

I found one answer from - sql - Rails .where(.... and ....) Searching for two values of the same attribute - Stack Overflow

@users = User.where(name: [@request.requester, @request.regional_sales_mgr]).all

Here @users will be having all those users, whose names are either `@request.requester` or `@request.regional_sales_mgr`.

But what is the Ruby statement to get the result of -

"@users will be having all those users, whose names are `@request.requester` and `@request.regional_sales_mgr`" ?

Arup Rakshit wrote in post #1137044:

Hi,

I found one answer from - sql - Rails .where(.... and ....) Searching for two values of the same attribute - Stack Overflow

@users = User.where(name: [@request.requester, @request.regional_sales_mgr]).all

Here @users will be having all those users, whose names are either `@request.requester` or `@request.regional_sales_mgr`.

But what is the Ruby statement to get the result of -

"@users will be having all those users, whose names are `@request.requester` and `@request.regional_sales_mgr`" ?

I don't see how you're request make sense. Here we have a single attribute ("name") so you seem to be asking how to ask something like the follow example:

Users where name is "Bob" and "Alice". How can a single attribute simultaneously have two different values? It seems to me that you want to use the OR condition just like the original statement, which would cause you @users to contain all users where the name is either "Bob" or "Alice".

But if you really want to see the syntax here's what it might look like:

@users.where({ name: @request.requester, name: @request.regional_sales_mgr }).all

Just note that this would never return any results since "name" can only have one value at a time.

Robert Walker wrote in post #1137051:

@users.where({ name: @request.requester, name: @request.regional_sales_mgr }).all

Just note that this would never return any results since "name" can only have one value at a time.

Except in the case where @request.requester == @request.regional_sales_mgr.

Robert Walker wrote in post #1137052:

Robert Walker wrote in post #1137051:

Sorry! for making you confused.

Look the below :

Buyer.joins(:products).where({'product.id' => [11,21,13]})

It will give us all buyers who bought a product having ID (11 or 21 or 13).

But I want those buyers who bought all products(i.e 11 and 21 and 13).

Hope now my question makes sense now. :slight_smile: