Rails & Postgres sandbox

Rails & Postgres sandbox Ruby,

I have a collection of Postgres tables I want my users to be able to access (share)but not modify on my Rails website . I want each of them to be able to extract data from the tables using whatever SQL they wish and for each user not to be able to interact with other users’ extracted data.

I have Devise working to give access to each separate user but now I need/want suggestions as to how to link a Devise authorized user with a correspondingly named Postgres user.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Ralph Shnelvar

Look at GitHub - jeremyevans/sequel: Sequel: The Database Toolkit for Ruby

I have a collection of Postgres tables I want my users to be able to access (share)but not modify on my Rails website . I want each of them to be able to extract data from the tables using whatever SQL they wish and for each user not to be able to interact with other users' extracted data.

I think the above requirement is somewhat orthogonal to the one below, but...

I have Devise working to give access to each separate user but now I need/want suggestions as to how to link a Devise authorized user with a correspondingly named Postgres user.

ActiveRecord::ConnectionHandling.establish_connection

Re: [Rails] Rails & Postgres sandbox Hassan, Why is it orthogonal? And, yes, I understand what orthogonal means in this context. And thank you for pointing out ActiveRecord::ConnectionHandling.establish_connection. Ralph Saturday, April 14, 2018, 8:15:13 PM, you wrote:

I have a collection of Postgres tables I want my users to be able to access (share)but not modify on my Rails website . I want each of them to be able to extract data from the tables using whatever SQL they wish and for each user not to be able to interact with other users’ extracted data. I think the above requirement is somewhat orthogonal to the one below, but… I have Devise working to give access to each separate user but now I need/want suggestions as to how to link a Devise authorized user with a correspondingly named Postgres user. ActiveRecord::ConnectionHandling.establish_connection – Hassan Schroeder ------------------------** hassan.schroeder@gmail.com **HS> twitter: @hassan