Rails guides - No route matches [POST] "/articles/new"

I was working my way through Rails Guides getting started tutorial (Getting Started with Rails — Ruby on Rails Guides). Everything was going well until the end of 5.2 when I was set to make a blog post. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the trace:

No route matches [POST] "/articles/new"

Rails.root: /home/gregb/workspace/blog

Application Trace | Framework Trace | Full Trace actionpack (4.1.8) lib/action_dispatch/middleware/debug_exceptions.rb:21:in `call' actionpack (4.1.8) lib/action_dispatch/middleware/show_exceptions.rb:30:in `call' railties (4.1.8) lib/rails/rack/logger.rb:38:in `call_app' railties (4.1.8) lib/rails/rack/logger.rb:20:in `block in call' activesupport (4.1.8) lib/active_support/tagged_logging.rb:68:in `block in tagged' activesupport (4.1.8) lib/active_support/tagged_logging.rb:26:in `tagged' activesupport (4.1.8) lib/active_support/tagged_logging.rb:68:in `tagged' railties (4.1.8) lib/rails/rack/logger.rb:20:in `call' actionpack (4.1.8) lib/action_dispatch/middleware/request_id.rb:21:in `call' rack (1.5.2) lib/rack/methodoverride.rb:21:in `call' rack (1.5.2) lib/rack/runtime.rb:17:in `call' activesupport (4.1.8) lib/active_support/cache/strategy/local_cache_middleware.rb:26:in `call' rack (1.5.2) lib/rack/lock.rb:17:in `call' actionpack (4.1.8) lib/action_dispatch/middleware/static.rb:84:in `call' rack (1.5.2) lib/rack/sendfile.rb:112:in `call' railties (4.1.8) lib/rails/engine.rb:514:in `call' railties (4.1.8) lib/rails/application.rb:144:in `call' rack (1.5.2) lib/rack/lock.rb:17:in `call' rack (1.5.2) lib/rack/content_length.rb:14:in `call' rack (1.5.2) lib/rack/handler/webrick.rb:60:in `service' /home/gregb/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.2.0/lib/ruby/2.2.0/webrick/httpserver.rb:138:in `service' /home/gregb/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.2.0/lib/ruby/2.2.0/webrick/httpserver.rb:94:in `run' /home/gregb/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.2.0/lib/ruby/2.2.0/webrick/server.rb:294:in `block in start_thread' Routes

Routes match in priority from top to bottom

Helper HTTP Verb Path Controller#Action Path / Url welcome_index_path GET /welcome/index(.:format) welcome#index root_path GET / welcome#index articles_path GET /articles(.:format) articles#index POST /articles(.:format) articles#create new_article_path GET /articles/new(.:format) articles#new edit_article_path GET /articles/:id/edit(.:format) articles#edit article_path GET /articles/:id(.:format) articles#show PATCH /articles/:id(.:format) articles#update PUT /articles/:id(.:format) articles#update DELETE /articles/:id(.:format) articles#destroy

I was working my way through Rails Guides getting started tutorial (Getting Started with Rails — Ruby on Rails Guides). Everything was going well until the end of 5.2 when I was set to make a blog post. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the trace:

No route matches [POST] "/articles/new"

Presumably, you have: new_article_path in your form_for, but you ought to have: articles_path

See the routes listing you have below that only has GET for the /articles/new path and the path which routes to articles#create is a POST to /articles (same as the GET uses for articles#index)

-Rob

That seems to work! Thanks so much, Rob!