Rails Engineer Wanted in Boulder, CO

We're a small, funded startup in Boulder, CO looking to hire a Rails engineer, preferably with Flex experience as well. We're still in stealth mode at this point, but I can say that we're targeting the mapping and GIS consumer markets. We do have full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, vacation, and parking.

We're looking for someone in the Denver/Boulder area; no remote/ telecommuting please, and no relocation support.

== Ruby/Rails Senior Software Engineer

The ideal candidate will have extensive software engineering experience, with recent focus on Ruby and Rails projects, including distributed development, testing, and deployment. Strong database skills are a must. The candidate will also exhibit an ability for out- of-the-box thinking and creative solutions to unconventional problems in a dynamic, exciting environment.

=== Responsibilities & Qualifications

• Develop a Ruby on Rails-based consumer-oriented web site • Experience in Adobe Flex and ActionScript highly desirable • Experience in agile and test-driven development (RSpec a plus) • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or the sciences, or equivalent experience • Self-starter with the ability to drive the database process • Good communication and organizational skills • Excellent written skills • Experience in agile software development processes • 1+ years experience in Ruby on Rails development in a professional capacity • Strong knowledge of SQL • Experience with GIS applications a plus

If you're interested, please direct your resume to info@publicearth.com.

Hi Sean (nice name)

There’s no way I’d give up my current job, but you should consider contracting the company I work for. Universal Mind specializes in Flex RIAs, and although they normally use ColdFusion for the backend, there are several people (myself included) with rails experience who would love to work on a rails-flex project.

UM is mostly a service company, and we can fly contractors out to work with your team.

We only have one product, and it happens to be in GIS :slight_smile: Check out Spatial Key at http://www.spatialkey.com/. Hmm, we might even be a competitor – although we’re targeting law enforcement agencies at the moment, so many it would be fine

Let me know if you’d like to be introduced to an account rep or would like more information, and good luck!

~sean