Abelson Info, a London sports data aggregator, have an immediate
vacancy for a new developer.
Based in Chiswick, West London, our company specialises in processing
sports data feeds and using these to provide value-added services,
such as betting market odds and results to bookmakers and other
customers. Our in-house data team also collect and manage some data
feeds which we supply directly to customers.
You will be working on our existing systems and helping develop new
systems to allow sports data (including fixtures, scores, odds and
settlement information) to be delivered to our clients (including
Betfair, William Hill and Ladbrokes). Typically this will involve
building and maintaining web applications using Ruby on Rails.
We are a small team and you’ll occasionally need to help out with
things that might be taken care of for you in a larger organisation
such as server administration or answering support queries. Also being
able to cope with an office environment where someone might
occasionally shout out "What was the referee thinking?" is a good
The ideal candidate will have:
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* 1 year plus of commercial experience using Ruby (whether using Rails or not).
* RDBMS experience (such as MySQL or PostgreSQL).
* Some experience with the Linux and/or Mac OS command line.
* Experience using a source control system such as Mercurial, Git or Subversion.
* Familiarity with unit testing or functional testing frameworks.
* Excellent spoken and written English skills.
An interest in sport would be highly advantageous. A good
understanding of sports betting would also be beneficial.
Salary from £25k to £35k depending on experience.
To apply, please send your CV and a brief covering letter to
To apply for this job you must be eligible to work in the UK.