Rails and aptana studio 3

Dear Folks,

This is not strictly a question on ruby or rails but more about the development environment I am using.

I am using Aptana Studio 3 and having trouble creating a rails project in the IDE. Aptana tries to create a new rails project using the command "rails ." instead of "rails new ." althoigh I have the new rails installed.

I used the solution at:

which involves installing ruby then rails and then Aptana which works the first time you create a rails project but fails on all subsequent project creations. This is also a problem if I were to update rails.

Is there any way to make Aptana use the correct syntax and/or version of rails.

I obviously do no wish to go through the whole installation again and believe that there is some configuration setting I am missing.

FYI my development environment details are:

Operating System: Kubuntu 11.10 Ruby version: ruby 1.9.3p0 Rails version: Rails 3.1.3 Aptana IDE: 3.0.6

I would appreciate any help on this matter as I have posted this on stackoverflow and Aptana support but I got no response which is why I have come here.

I am quite new to rails and I would like to know what IDE alternatives are out their that have similar capabilities to Aptana for rails development. I find Eclipse a bit heavy weight however, I intend to use it for now until this problem is resolved

TIA

nav

Since creating a new project is such an infrequent task (I generally only do it once per project :wink: is there any particular reason you *have* to do it in the IDE, instead of just manually at the command prompt?