Rails 3 not working with windows 7

ruby 1.8.7
gem 1.3.7
rails 3.0.0, 3.0.0.rc

when i write rails -v
error message come

Could not find gem 'mysql2 <>=0, runtime>' in any of the gem sources.
Try running 'bundle install'.

when I run bundle install then also it cann't install mysql2

please help me.

Errr, this does not seem to be related to rails 3 it seems like you dont have mysql.gem installed , try gem install mysql

mysql2 gem do not work under Windows (yet).

please use another adapter (mysql or sqlite3)

radhames brito wrote:

Errr, this does not seem to be related to rails 3 it seems like you dont
have mysql.gem installed , try gem install mysql

Hi
Thx for your quick help.

But the problem is that I have rails version[3.0.0, 3.0.0.rp, 2.3.8]
And my two version is working gud with mysql. Only in new version 3.0.0
it show error message.

I installed mysql gem . But the problem still exists.

You have a other rails 3 apps that are running with mysql2 on windows 7 and this one doesnt work or you are not able to find th gem for windows 7?

radhames brito wrote:

You have a other rails 3 apps that are running with mysql2 on windows 7
and
this one doesnt work or you are not able to find th gem for windows 7?

Hi radhames brito

This is my first application with rails 3 other application are with
rails 2.3.8

the same problem occurs with 3.0.0.rp this version also.

Then it could be that mysql2 is not supported

radhames brito wrote:

Then it could be that mysql2 is not supported

Then wht the solution?

Manish Nautiyal wrote:

radhames brito wrote:

Then it could be that mysql2 is not supported

Then wht the solution?

From surfing net for so long what I got is this.

The mysql2 gem does not currently support Windows (although I hear they
are working on it). Just use the old mysql gem for now.

To be specific:

   1.

      Put this line in your Gemfile:

      gem 'mysql', '2.8.1'
   2.

      Run bundle install
   3.

      Make sure you use adapter: mysql and not adapter: mysql2 in your
database.yml.

This is how my system is currently set up, and it works fine with Rails
3.0.0.

Manish Nautiyal wrote in post #939302: