Rails 3 generate pdf

Dear All,

i am developing an application with rails 3, and now i need to generate a pdf file,i search a lot, and try a lot ,such as prawn ,PDFkit and so on, it seems that prawn is no response in rails3, and when i use PDFKit, it asked me to install wkhtmltopdf first, i try to install this,but failed, anyone can help me ?

Thanks very much.

Daisy

Have you tried by searching at

railscast.com?

It have video tutorials, I’ve seen there prawn

Javier Q.

Javier Quarite wrote in post #1052388:

Have you tried by searching at

railscast.com?

It have video tutorials, I've seen there prawn

Javier Q.

Hi Javier,

I have followed the instruction of the railscast step by step, but there is no any response when i add .pdf to the end of the url. At the begining of the video, he asked to install wkhtmltopdf first, i try to install, but all failed. because the source of the github has been deleted.

Thanks

Daisy

Well… in the Pro version it only uses prawn,

Maybe its because of the date (the free cast is from 2009)

Javier

Javier Quarite wrote in post #1052398:

Well... in the Pro version it only uses prawn,

Maybe its because of the date (the free cast is from 2009)

Javier

Sorry, i made a mistake. the wkhtmltopdf is for PDFKit. i follow the video about the prawn and no response, i search the reason, some said because of the rails version,the video is for rail 2+, not for rails3. and i try the PDFKit, there is another video to teach how to user PDFKit, but i should install wkhtmltopdf, but i can find the source. Thank you.....

Daisy

you can find wkhtmltopdf here http://code.google.com/p/wkhtmltopdf/

ranjan kumar wrote in post #1052406:

you can find wkhtmltopdf here Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

i download wkhtmltopdf-0.9.9-installer.exe and install it, but still doesnt work.....

Where did you put the file?

Bruno Coelho Santiago

I work at Expected Behavior, and we have a SaaS application called DocRaptor that can create PDF files from HTML.

There's no need to install anything with our service, and it's easy to include in your own Rails applications.

Here's a link to DocRaptor's home page:

And a link to our coding examples, for making HTTP POST requests against our servers:

http://docraptor.com/examples

Bruno Coelho wrote in post #1052445:

Where did you put the file?

Bruno Coelho Santiago

I put it in the folder ruby192/bin