Rails 3 engine plugin's routes not recognized

Hi, my Rails 3 engine plugin's routes are not recognized ('No route matches...') even though they seem to get registered ok (they show up in Rails.application.routes) - any idea why anybody?

Thanks! Ingo

I'm having the same problem. Routes are showing up even when I do `rake routes`, but not when the application runs in a server.

ruby 1.9.2-head, both WEBrick and Thin 1.2.7

Hi, my Rails 3 engine plugin’s routes are not recognized ('No route

matches…') even though they seem to get registered ok (they show up

in Rails.application.routes) - any idea why anybody?

Thanks!

Ingo

Hi Ingo, what’s the name of the plugin/gem and which routes are not being displayed?

-Conrad

Interesting. My engine routes are visible to rake, and when I load my rails application in a console it appears as if the paths are loading (including the routes). Any route I write to a controller in my engine fails to work out in the server, however. It doesn't just fail to resolve to the controller, it fails to recognize the route itself.

In my engine: #lib/routes.rb Rails::Application.routes.draw do |map|   resources :things, :only => [:index] end

#lib/thing.rb module Thing   class Engine < Rails::Engine     engine_name :thing     paths.config.routes = 'lib/routes.rb'   end end

#app/controllers/things_controller.rb class ThingsController < ApplicationController   def index     render :text => 'Yay I did it'   end end

When I package this as a gem and load it into a bare rails 3 app, 'things' shows up in `rake routes`, but doesn't actually work.