Rails 3 Action Mailer issue

Hi All,

I am trying to send an email on a user sign up. The email is working without any issues. However there is a problem with the :from field that I am specifying. My SMTP setting look like :

ActionMailer::Base.smtp_settings = {   :address => "smtp.gmail.com",   :port => "587",   :domain => "test.com",   :user_name => "support@test.com",   :password => "secret",   :authentication => "plain",   :enable_starttls_auto => true }

and my mailer class looks like,

class TestMailer < ActionMailer::Base

def registration_confirmation(user)     @user = user     mail(:to => "#{@user.capitalized_name} <#{@user.email}>", :subject => "Welcome", :from => 'registration-do-not-reply@test.com')   end end

When the email gets sent, in the console I see that the following :

Sent mail to xxxxxxx@hotmail.com (2846ms)

I've never used google to send mail, but maybe they force that on you. Technically the message is from support@test.com. Maybe you can set Reply-To: registration-do-not-reply@test.com instead? That might be enough for your purposes...

-philip

hi vishy! It seems that u want ur form email id as ‘registration-do-not-reply@test.com’ . For that u have give this email id in smtp settings… That is user_name has to be set as the following email_id… I think it will work… Please try it…

Hi,

I have the same SMTP settings. I'm just sending emails to myself to test out. I do the see the sent mail in the console. But I don't receive any email.

The SMTP settings was working with Rails 2.3.8.

Any ideas?

Thanks!