Rails 2.3.5 - missing gem problem

hi guys,

I just updated to rails 2.3.5 on os X snow leopard.

When I try to run "rake routes", I get the following error indicating that the searchlogic gem is not installed.

That cannot be right as it "rake routes" ran fine when I was still using rails 2.3.4 and that I even ran "gem install searchlogic" (with sudo) as per searchlogic's documentation.

Any ideas?

Also, does anyone know how to revert the rails version back to 2.3.4 ? That could be a quick fix until people fix the any potential issue with rails 2.3.5 .

thanks

Did you remember to run rake rails:update in your project directory?

To revert to 2.3.4 simply put RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '2.3.4' unless defined? RAILS_GEM_VERSION at the head of environment.rb (you should see a similar line there already, probably commented out).

Colin

hello, Colin, thanks as your suggestion to simply put RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '2.3.4' is working, yes, i have executed "rake rails:update" in my rails project dir with sudo prior to posting the message.

thank you

You should not need to use sudo for rake rails:update, it is only affecting files in your rails app. I do not know whether using sudo may give problems later due to file ownership.

Colin