Progressbar for Slow Loading Webpages

Hi,

I would like to show a progress bar in the browser until my pages load.

As my web pages take more that 10 seconds to load, I have decided to show the progres bar.

Please help me with your ideas

Hi,

As my web pages take more that 10 seconds to load, I have decided to show the progres bar.

Don't think you can do that on a normal page - rails sends the entire response in one go. If you were loading some piece of content via ajax then you could of course do this.

Fred

You already have one, most browsers have a progress bar to show that the page is loading.

How about putting some effort into getting the pages to load quicker?

JavaScript will execute as soon as it is loaded. You might be able to use, or use the ideas at:

How about putting some effort into getting the pages to load quicker?

Exactly my thought. If you want to load something huge (what that could be?), load a really small screen first with some "welcome. please wait" and then make a background call for everything else. But it would definitely be better to lower the request processing time (if it's the case) or the size of page accessories (if it is).

- A

PGP.sig (495 Bytes)

Sudheendra Panganamala wrote:

Hi,

Please help me with your ideas

Page and/or fragment caching works wonders... rarely is absolutely everything dynamic on a page. I've even seen benefits from caching rows in an index view when assembling the data for each row requires complex backend work.