Problems with routes in production mode

I can't seem to solve this issue on anything but a temporary basis

I have the following line in one of my models...

require "lib/pewholename"

and corresponding file in RAILS_ROOT/lib/pewholename.rb

This works perfectly in development mode.

In production environment, that will give me an error...

/usr/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require': no such file to load -- lib/pewholename.rb

In 'script/console production' the same ' require "lib/pewholename" ' works fine (answers true)

To work this week, I changed the require statement to

require "../lib/pewholename"

which has gotten me through the week

Can anyone suggest what I need to look at to fix this issue?

Craig

I'd really love some help on this - even if speculative...

require ‘lib/pewholename’ relies on ‘.’ being in your $LOAD_PATH and having started the app (or script/console) from RAILS_ROOT.

require ‘…/lib/pewholename’ relies on ‘.’ being in your $LOAD_PATH and lighttpd having done a chdir to RAILS_ROOT/public

Simply require ‘pewholename’ since lib is already in your $LOAD_PATH

jeremy

I can't seem to solve this issue on anything but a temporary         basis                  I have the following line in one of my models...                    require "lib/pewholename"                  and corresponding file in RAILS_ROOT/lib/pewholename.rb                  This works perfectly in development mode.                  In production environment, that will give me an error...                  /usr/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in         `gem_original_require': no such file to load --         lib/pewholename.rb                  In 'script/console production' the same ' require         "lib/pewholename" '         works fine (answers true)                  To work this week, I changed the require statement to                    require "../lib/pewholename"                  which has gotten me through the week                  Can anyone suggest what I need to look at to fix this issue?

require 'lib/pewholename' relies on '.' being in your $LOAD_PATH and having started the app (or script/console) from RAILS_ROOT.

require '../lib/pewholename' relies on '.' being in your $LOAD_PATH and lighttpd having done a chdir to RAILS_ROOT/public

Simply require 'pewholename' since lib is already in your $LOAD_PATH